Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vitamins - Be Particular, No Matter What Age You Are

REVISION TO THE POST BELOW:
I suggest taking as little vitamins as possible - to keep you out of pain (like glucosamine for joints). This I believe will provide you the longest term survival (less stress on your liver...).

Vitamins - Be Particular, No Matter What Age You Are:
I don't know if you saw the study: ~20 year study, some thousands of people: ~1/2 taking vitamins, the other 1/2 not. Those taking vitamins didn't live as long, believe it or not. I have a theory herein. I believe those who took vitamins, really weren't as careful about how much vitamins they took...
Now, if you're 50 like I am, you'd better get used to takin' pills! lol  If you're younger, they can help too, but, do be particular. I do love my pill cutter!  (Yes, I take 1/2, 1/3, or even 1/4 of certain pills (like Multi-vitamin, Ginko, B-Complex and Vitamin C), at various times during the day (depending on what I feel I need, and what I'm heading to do!).
One way to know if you're taking too much or if your body is absorbing/using all of it - is via your urine color. If it's bright yellow, you're body didn't absorb all of what you gave it. If it's clear your body absorbed / needed all of what you gave it!!  So, quantity DOES MATTER, when it comes to vitamins. Note: I also take "plenty" of Glucosamine for knees / hips that are starting to "go" / talk to me - if I'm using them a lot. So, the study mentioned above was NOT particular about how much vitamins the participants, on that side of the study took. Be sure you are PARTICULAR!!

With warm regards,
Nick

Nick J. DeCandia, CPA
www.nickdecandia.com
Author & Founder, Den Publishing Company
www.DenPublishing.com
"It's Amazing What You Can Accomplish In A Den!"

www.FirstReadingBook.com
Turn A NON-READER Into A READER (With Phonics)

www.Full-ChargeBookkeeping.com
For the Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Bookkeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment